Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I see maybe one black car a month that looks cared for. The other half a million look like my four year old a Brillo pad had a little party.

I kept Jet Black swirl free for a few years and even gave the dumb Sapphire Black a few good details, but most owners treat black no differently than any other color.
Fair point, knowing you'll have to deal with the upkeep and actually doing it are two separate things.

I'm one of the few who does the upkeep. Whenever I see the forecast will be dry for at least 3-4 days then I wash and shine my tires. I wax every several months...hoping to find a longer lasting product.

Thankfully I'm moving someplace where it never rains so keeping the car clean will be much easier.
Aren't you moving to LA? I lived near the beach and my car was filthy. Both Imola Red and Jet Black were always dirty. Between the morning marine layer and the stupid corrugated highways, it's hard to keep things clean there.

As for wax, look into synthetics and coatings. If you can polish and wax, you can do these easily. They last a heck of a lot longer.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9747.50