View Single Post
      07-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #371
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

For arguments sake let’s assume that the C8 comes in at 3600lb and I’m guessing it will be under and lets take the Ferrari 458 as a example, mid engine, V8 N/A, two seat sports car. Curb weight of the F car is 3,450lb. Using these figures the Vette will come in at 150lb more the 458. Considering the Italian with all its extra cost carbon fiber and super light weight reductions and costs more then 3X the price of the Corvette I don’t think that’s bad at all.

Today’s weights aren’t what was back ‘in the day’ even in the eighties. Check out other “modern” sports cars and the weight of the new C8 isn’t far off the average.
I’ll add that I think the new Corvette will handle well and lay down some very impressive numbers on the track. Then hold on and see what happens when the Z cars make their appearance. Like the two prior generations they will find themselves very near the top contenders of track time lists.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
clee1982799.00