View Single Post
      08-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #12
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Evo not British biased tho their reviews are flavored by their sensibilities vs Amerca’s. They also are not anti big SUV as they have always liked the GL/GLS.

They really just hated this vehicle somehow. I disagree with the styling review but don’t think the handling critique is entirely wrong
Yeah, I’ve read their mag for years and these days mainly the online reviews. Generally a fan of Henry who now does Carfection as well as Harry. That’s why I was surprised at the level of Evo’s dislike. There was definitely some combination of features that just rankled with them - a LOT.

I cross-shopped my X7 with a RR LWB Autobiography - the hybrid version. In many ways I preferred the Rangie, it when it came to practicality? Engine, driving dynamics, equipment levels (and the fact the LR405 is coming to the end of its life) the X7 won. And I’m a Brit, and an LR was my dream car.

Something in the overall philosophy of the X7 M50d just made the rest of the review overly harsh. It is just a review though -I’ll live!
Appreciate 0