View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #10
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I went from stock non-sport suspension to Koni Special Actives for M sport with M sport springs. Thanks FaRKle! for the spring part numbers!

The new set up definitely feels more comfortable than the stock set up. At low driving speeds, the car contours the road very well and feels planted. At these speeds the car feels stiffer. At higher speeds, the shocks seem to suck up bumps and it is very comfortable but the car doesn't feel as responsive to the road bumps. Large bumps will be very stiff and unsettle the car - possibly riding the bumpstops on these. The car never feels floaty or disconnected - the Koni shocks seem to level out the bumps with a softer compression and keep contact with the road with a fast rebound. The stock shocks would feel floaty over a series of bumps - it is stiff on initial compression and rebounds slowly.

I can see how some people don't like it as it feels "softer" over bumps and doesn't feel responsive and sporty compared to Bilstein which typically are stiff on compression. For me, it feels great in every day driving as it's more comfortable than the stock shocks while feeling more planted than the stock shocks.