View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
unotaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 M50i

My wife had the RR for 3 years. All of her friends had the RR and she really wanted one because we never had one previously (I always refrained from purchasing one because I know how poorly they are build). But hey, you know the saying happy wife equals happy life, so I obliged. Probably the best riding SUV on the market today, but they cut corners in its build quality everywhere.

3 years of ownership translates into 3 sets of brake pads and 2 rotor replacements due to normal wear. No, you can't use the excuse that the car is heavy because none of my previous Porsche Cayenne Turbo S went through its brakes like that. After 3 years, my wife is now a believer, she will never go back to a Range Rover ever again.

Car has a nice interior, but many parts used on the car were just garbage. Air suspension were replaced under warranty due to leak and the alternator failed on the car after 2 years.

RR are great looking cars that has a good presence. Between this and the Escalade, it is THE suburban housewife car. BUT for those who are in the know, the RR is for people who doesn't know anything about cars, and they can't quite step it up to the next level (eg. Bentley Bentayga, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, RR Cullinan).

Ultimately, the Range Rover needs to be a 160K car and the Autogbiography needs to be a 200K car with better quality materials used and proper engineering behind it. In my opinion, trying to cater the car for the masses at 100-120k is like claiming you are selling 3-star Michelin grade food at $100/person, nothing is free in life.

Last edited by unotaz; 12-06-2019 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0