Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
The beauty of this feature is that when those freaking "A" Hole gravel trucks that don't cover their load bounce along the freeway and through a nice sized rock into your windshield. As soon as you see the rock/chip just push the record button. It will record 20 seconds of video footage that took place "BEFORE" I pushed the button and 20 seconds "AFTER" I pushed the button.

It would be better if you didn't have to scroll through several menu items to get to a one-touch "record" tab on the vehicle.

You might be able to save it to one of the 8 programmable memory buttons. But, you should be able to start your recording by pressing and holding down the camera button next to the gearshift.

And to limit it all with only a 40-second recording??? It just doesn't make sense.

Just like the internal 32GB music storage. I have a small thumb drive the size of my fingernail that has 256GB capacity.
My complaint exactly.

I have a home camera system. 6 cameras at $35 each. (Yes, $35 for each camera!) SD chip in the camera stores a months worth of video. $100 a year stores a weeks worth of all cameras in the cloud.

The car should record a weeks worth of video with incidents time stamped. Uploaded to the cloud. Then you could easily go back and see whatever you're looking for. Did the valet hit something? Rock fly off a truck? Was my kid driving like a jerk?

Not to mention how valuable this would be in court after an accident.

But for around $100,000 you get .40 seconds 😂
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 0