View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #10
DGTLM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
On my third year with a 96 993. I bought the car from Pfaff just outside of Toronto, I think they are the largest Porsche dealer in North America. They had history with the car, and had spend $20,000 in repairs to make it right to sell. New breaks, tires and clutch plus some tuning as I recall. The car had 75,000 miles on it (originally from Texas) and was in decent shape. They gave me a one year warranty and a well sorted car. I think that was a smart way to buy some peace of mind. I am 100 miles away from Pfaff so I found a local guy who was the head mechanic on a Canadian Porsche racing team, all he does is Porsche....he will give you shit if he thinks you're not taking care of your car. He knows his stuff and doesn't charge Porsche dealership rates. So far I've been lucky and haven't had to spend more than $2K per year in maintenance. I have him do the oil change and give it a quick once over once a year.

They are a great car, and certainly worth it if you like driving something that isn't full of nannies. I'd say they will continue to go up in value but with this whole Covid19 thing who knows what things will look like economically in the near and not so near future. I think my car has gone up by $5-10K since I bought it, but it's difficult to say.

Good luck
any pix? pls provide.
Appreciate 0