///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
The problem is it's hard to go from giving discounts to making people pay for the "experience".
I was just about to respond to your post when I saw your response to mine.

I agree that the switch would have been difficult, and they may have to kill the program for a few years only to re-invent it in a way that makes more economic sense. But ask yourself the question - if you never knew of ED discounts and BMW introduced an ED program that cost $1000, would you consider it?
Yes. I would still do ED without the 5-7% discount. $1000 for the experience. No problem. What pissed me off was BMW taking away all the normal incentives a customer would get ordering a car for US dealership delivery. I would gladly pay an extra amount as long as normal incentives are allowed into the cost of the lease/purchase.

I skipped ED this go around on my 2020 M4 and went for PCD but it wasn't because of price necessarily although that did play a part. I wanted to take my in-laws and family on a European driving adventure and couldn't do that in an M4. So I rented a manual Lancia Box car and drove 1700 miles throughout Italy last summer.

People say they are leaving the brand and renege on that promise. I won't. This really seals the deal for me.

PS. They aren't going to bring back the program. It's over. BMW doesn't care about the "enthusiastic" arm of its customers any longer.

Edit. My wife just said I should cancel my CCA membership. Done and Done
Appreciate 3
Thescout134947.00
RowanBuds1709.00
bobert858.50