Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
I think "technically" the dealer does not have to honor a new rate after the lock period or if the incentives change in favor of the buyer during the lock period while waiting to take delivery - you will have to read the fine print on that. If there is no fine print on this, you will need to get this specific verbiage in writing. That said, it would be an over the top ridiculous business practice for BMW to not honor better incentives for the buyer if they become available as they do change from month to month. I have not heard of BMW not honoring better incentives if they become available, at least not on this forum, so you should be fine.
I more worried about worst incentives as time goes by. I am happy with the present rates/incentives and would at minimum like to keep that. The lock is 60 days but the question is can they actually finish the vehicle in that time....not sure . I'll have a conversation with the dealer later today to see what their policy is there.

Thanks all for your input!
This is what I communicated to my dealer before I walked in to place a custom order and signing of purchase order the same day. I had them break down the vehicle discount, BMWNA Financial MF rate and incentives:

"I've also enclosed a quick lease structure utilizing September BMWFS rates and incentives with the option to structure the final lease agreement with October or November BMWFS rates and incentives depending on vehicle production date and time or delivery"

At the time, the residual value had dropped -2% from August and hoped it raised by the time of delivery.

My custom order took 8 weeks until production start, 1 week to build and another 4 weeks for PCD delivery. Nov residual was better by +2, BMWNA incentives stayed the same, and qualified for another $500 USAA vehicle rebate.

TLDR;
Dealer locked in rates and incentives at time of order for 60 days. I had the option of signing using Sept rates or Nov (90 days later).

As Jmciver mentioned dealer doesn't but should honor your deal, just get it detailed in writing and signed.

Appreciate 0