The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Did you end up going with Llumar Ceramic 15%? Is this it? My shop uses Llumar Ceramic CTX but I always thought 20% was a better match with the X7 rear windows (no windshield offset), but Llumar only offers 5, 15, 30, 35, 40, and 50 in their CTX line.

I want it to match the rear windows exactly.

I think my E70 X5 came stock with a lighter rear glass so I tinted the front side windows 20% Llumar Metallic and I think 50%? to the back.

With the benefits of ceramic tint I'm wondering if it will be best to tint the whole car or not.

Easier to figure this out when the windows come un-tinted, ugh.
Personally I think to achieve maximum heat rejection, you must tint the windshield regardless of the shade.

Otherwise the heat coming in from the windshield would be trapped inside by the tint on the sides, acting like a greenhouse effect.

I went with Xpel black 5 front, 20 all the rest and it's 99% match, different angles would slightly show rear darker.

Visibility wise, it's a perfect film, heat rejection and overall performance I would give it a B where my A goes to Solargard, except the later doesn't have a great visibility at day time specially due to the "milky effect, aka low angle haze". Llumar has the same issue but with less visible effects and so does 3M cristiline.
Hence i went with xpel.
Of course this is only applicable for ceramic films.

**Please note I'm not connected, affiliated nor paid by xpel for this review, nor am I promoting my own business or using this product other than for my own personal use.**

To save you the headache, research who are the actual manufacturer of window films, you'll be surprised that there's only 1 or 2 at the moment. For all those big names out there.

And that's my ✌🏻cents. From 25 yrs tint experience