Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Here goes my setup
With Xpel XR black
Front 5%
All around others 20%
Pan. Roof nothing installed as air 90% was eliminating the sky lounge LED to almost unseeable.

Visibility is absolute perfection in both day and night and long highway trips, that is if you're used to tinted windows.
Firstly love the dark look that's how I do it as well.

Few questions:
1. What is on your windshield? ...20% also? ...if so that seems dark for a front. I typically do 45% on the windshield. What's the visibility out like specifically on the windshield?

2. Why XR Black and not XR Plus since they both carry 5% and 20%?

3. You brought up something I was wondering about. I typically tint my sunroofs but I also have the sky lounge and was worried about the same effect that the tint would eliminate the LEDs. You said "air 90%" was tried what is that? I'm assuming it's a very light 90% tint...and still it killed the LEDs...please confirm.

4. Do you have a closeup of the windshield. I'm curious what they cut the tint around. Cameras maybe?

Thanks!
1. windshield Is 20%, Visibility is fantastic. I'll try to get some daytime and nighttime pictures from the inside for you.

2. XR black not XR Plus cause of the visibility and color match to OEM tint color and it has less "LAH" milky effect, of course less heat rejection for the same reason.

3. llumar air 90 was tried out, its the lightest shade and film that meets my requirements. We installed a piece on half of the panoramic roof and compared both half's in a very dark room with a blanket on top of the vehicle's roof. And noticed that the illumination of the sky lounge was reduced by almost half rendering it barely visible.
I didn't like and decided to go without any film on it.

I did tint the smaller sunroof with the llumar air 90.

In both casses the light transmittance inside the vehicle was barely effected if any.

The fact that there's a thin layer of film on the roof's LED strips, I believe distorted their light and made it less visible. At least for me.

4. I'll get you some closeups shortly. But they way the film is cut is usually covering the black dotted lines only and not exceeding that borderline.