Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I agree with you about the SCAR being bulky and gets heave over time... but I can wholeheartedly vouch for its effectiveness over long distances in certain mountainous regions around the world, when you need to reach out and touch the enemy.

Hand to get one for personal use after experiencing it professionally!
So it uses the same NATO round as M14. FN_Fal and AR10? Never having seen one in person I'm curious what makes it superior to these other platforms? I know the FAL and M14 make poor platforms for scopes but the AR10 is excellent.
To be honest, I never fired the FAL or the AR 10, but I definitely prefer the SCAR 17 over the M14 platform.

I found the M14 lacking in versatility if compared to the MK17. I'm just referring to the fact that the modern design of the SCAR is better for a more universal use (close / mid / long) depending on what your role is, vs the M14 is of a bit outdated (yet beautifully classic) platform that would not be as functional in a close quarters environment.

Just my 2 cents, of course. Most weapons can be mastered by the user once they decide to perfect their craft.