View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #219
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Anyone get their Dark Shadow model yet? Like, anywhere in the world? Supposedly they've been rolling off the line. Mine is still "scheduled for production", 2 weeks away in week 45. Other week 45 builds have been entering production early.

My dealer still can't sort out the final configuration. One thing that was fixed, I specified Captain's chairs at time of order, but the 2nd row configuration wasn't listed at all on my build sheet, one way or another. My dealer said the "Call In" arrived to them with Captain's Chairs specified to "no", but they "begged and pleaded with the factory (ok) and added the Captain's Chairs".

They insist that although other things can (and have) be added to a Dark Shadow model, you can't add the trailer hitch, "as it affect the hang-on parts (i.e. aero kit)".

One remaining thing, I pointed this out: In the X7 ordering guide, option 4M5, Leather Dashboard, is both required, and included at no charge with VB__ Full Merino Leather. (ordering guide attached here) The build sheet includes the VBHX Full Merino Leather, but charges $850 for the 4M5 Leather Dashboard.

They are checking to ensure that the 4M5 leather dashboard is no-cost, coming with the VBHX Full Merino Leather.
Appreciate 0