View Single Post
      12-12-2020, 08:22 PM   #244
Caruser1
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Serious question ... we looked at a new GLS63 in Moonlight Blue w/ black accents today and wow. We love everything about it. In pictures we didn’t think much of it but in person it really has a presence over the lower GLS models. For those of you who bought the XB7 why did you choose it over the GLS63?
Fwiw: had 2 gl63/gls63 in a row following 2 gl550s. Had a few problems with each one but the second 63 was the last straw for me with MB. One problem after another. Radiator, suspension, struts. The reliability was v poor. And the mbusa service was incompetent and arrogant. Loved driving it, but when the xb7 came along I was happy to finally have a real choice.

I did test the gls63 before choosing the xb7, just to be sure, but I preferred the more nimble feel of the xb7. Interior of the gls63 was very luxurious, but the alpina just overall felt a little more special to me as a car.

Final detail for me was the configurability of the second row seats. In the gls, they don’t go as far forward as the xb7. That was sub-optimal for me because I wanted more room in the 3rd row which I can get by sliding the 2nd row forward. In the gls, the 2nd row has a lot of space but can’t travel forward as much which prevents allocating more space to the 3rd row. Small detail but was a minor factor for me.

Hope that helps. I’m sure to drive you’ll enjoy either.
Appreciate 0