View Single Post
      12-18-2020, 08:21 AM   #20
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 F15

I have a few.... nothing major... not now... and NO REGRETS...
I am who I am because of who I've been... and who knows who I'd be if I weren't me???

One of the biggest wasn't really 'she got away' as much as me just being young and dumb and ignorant...

In college, I really liked this one gal.... really liked her....
so much so that I was like back in Jr High School or something...
sweaty palms, never knew how to form a sentence, over thought every single moment we were around each other... you know the drill...

We were somewhat friends... more like friendly acquaintances I suppose..
I'd FINALLY built up enough nerve that I was going to let her know how special I thought she was, and was going to ask her out on a real date.

Literally - almost like when Ross was going to tell Rachel that he didn't want her to leave to Paris, and then Gunther jumped in front of him and did the same thing - kind of thing... we were all hanging out one night.. and my buddy called her aside... told her how special she was, and how he couldn't stop thinking about her and blah blah blah...

He would share with me some of her little quirks that only the boyfriend would know and appreciate.... everything sounded like we would have really hit it off had I not been so awkward and afraid... (afraid of what - i have no idea - sigh)

Long story short....
I had to leave their wedding early, because I felt like such a heel...

Their marriage didn't last... but did long enough to start a family, etc etc.
Big house, white picket fence, 2.3 kids and a dog... lol.

No clue where either of them are today.
But I do still think about what may have been from time to time.
Appreciate 0