01-21-2021, 04:25 AM   #34
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
When are you picking up yours WildBlue? Any day now I would guess.
Well, bad news on my side. Very bad experience with BMW of Anchorage. Pre-ordered the Dark Shadow in July, and then for 4 months, tried to get them to nail down the configuration, so we could then see if we could work a deal. (I never asked for the order to go to BMW of Anchorage)

Unreturned emails and calls, incorrect texts. Stonewalling delays. Was like pulling teeth. They didn't finalize the configuration list until the vehicle had already entered production, then couldn't sort out the MSRP until after the vehicle had already shipped. Raised the MSRP of the car twice, on the same configuration.

In the end, they demanded $1,000 over MSRP and destination handling, plus additional fees. I made two offers. They made no counteroffers, and instead said they were flat out canceling my order, keeping the vehicle, and refunding my $1,000 deposit. (which at this point, I STILL haven't received)

Clearly, they wanted to take my limited edition vehicle for their own purposes, and/or had their own buyer in mind, who didn't get one of the preorders. Unprofessional from start to finish, and just not right.

So... I ordered a fully loaded M50i from another dealer, with 10% discount. Virtually identically configured to my Dark Shadow model, and comparing apples to apples, all-in, over $20,900 less than what BMW of Anchorage was demanding. Just missing the matte paint and 2-tone seats. So yeah... I'm fine. I'm not paying BMW of Anchorage $21k more for the same car, because they think they can get away with it. It's not an XB7, and even if it was, there's no reason to demand above MSRP and not budge.

Last edited by Wild Blue; 01-21-2021 at 04:58 AM..
Appreciate 1