01-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #86
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
What pressures / camber settings are you guys running on the rear?

I was having a lot of trouble with entry/mid-corner oversteer. Front axle grip is excellent but the rears just cannot keep up, and this is off-throttle or maintenance throttle. Part of the issue I'm sure is that I was running street height and damper settings.

Difficult to really maximize entry speed when you are worried about the back coming around the entire time. On the exit I'm fine with managing oversteer, but would much rather have a neutral/understeering car at entry.

Fronts are 275/35/19 AMG GT R Sport Cup 2s, was running ~35 psi hot.

Rears are 305/30/20 458 Speciale Sport Cup 2s, was running ~32 psi hot.

The front grip was pretty solid, especially once I got the tire up around 170F. But I was getting entry/midcorner oversteer at only 0.9G, which is terrifying in the faster stuff.
Pressures look fine.

For sure street ride height isn't helping your cause. The most settled I've had an M car was on Clubsports and the rear slammed. Fall Line E9X alignment spec back in the day.

Another member has reported rear traction gains below the blocking ring. I may be headed that direction next season.

Slackening rear dampers might also help. Intend to try -2 -3 clicks rebound than recommended track spec next time out.

I don't know if neutral/understeering on entry and midcorner is in the cards for the GTS. Front axle is absolutely pinned. But there are major lap time gains to be achieved by getting the rear under control.

It's an uphill battle, always going to be moving around on you. Reportedly also a weakness of the M4 GT4.

You have aero at maximum attack?

Appreciate 0