elp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toga_Lock View Post
With all of the problems there seem to be with finding the correct male plug for the brake controller, has anybody thought about changing out the plug on the X7 to a more universal one? It's just pins in a plug, right?
You're referring to the wiring harness from the back of the tow hitch? Since BMW stopped making the X7 "pre-wired for brake controllers" starting in MY2021, I have no idea what wiring's in there anymore. That's why I went with the Curt wireless controller, just to make it easy.

If you're referring to the actual trailer plug into the tow hitch, it has both the standard 4-pin and standard round 8-pin plugs, both of which are universal. Pics from my road trip thread.

How is your experience so far with Curt Wireless brake controller? I just picked one up and tried it on my current vehicle (Acura MDX), and it felt a bit flimsy, the one I got doesn't have the rubber belt, wondering how much does it help. I worry it fall down or get disconnected on the road due to all the vibration.
Appreciate 0