06-29-2021, 10:08 PM   #31
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinp View Post
Thanks for all the responses! I think this has made my decision that much more difficult

I think it may come down to a cost decision. To wrap my hood, front bumper, mirrors, rear bumper and trunk in PPF would cost $2,300 per one detailer's quote. A coat of Ceramic Pro 9H would cost $500 with each additional coat costing $150. In an ideal world, I'd get the entire car wrapped, but that's waaay too costly relative to the car's value IMO.

So I'm really torn as to what I'll do. I look at my 135i and it's littered with rock chips all over the hood, bumper, trump, roof, you name it.

I think my options are to either A) Get PPF on front bumper and hood (the areas most likely to get rock chips and most visible) or B) Get a couple of coats of Ceramic Pro 9H and live with the fact that I'll get rock chips. But I don't think I can justify getting both :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinp View Post
Thanks for all the responses! I think this has made my decision that much more difficult

I think it may come down to a cost decision. To wrap my hood, front bumper, mirrors, rear bumper and trunk in PPF would cost $2,300 per one detailer's quote. A coat of Ceramic Pro 9H would cost $500 with each additional coat costing $150. In an ideal world, I'd get the entire car wrapped, but that's waaay too costly relative to the car's value IMO.

So I'm really torn as to what I'll do. I look at my 135i and it's littered with rock chips all over the hood, bumper, trump, roof, you name it.

I think my options are to either A) Get PPF on front bumper and hood (the areas most likely to get rock chips and most visible) or B) Get a couple of coats of Ceramic Pro 9H and live with the fact that I'll get rock chips. But I don't think I can justify getting both :/
If possible, do both (PPF + a coating).

For what it's worth, I have had different comparable professional grade coatings on various cars. Prep to me is just as if not more important than the product itself.

Ceramic Pro is a good choice but if forced to pick, Gtechniq edges it out.
Appreciate 0