View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 11:11 PM   #9
beetagh
Beetagh
United_States
Rep
Drives: Several various vehicles

Next was to figure out the best way to keep the kids entertained in the back seat. So we needed some sort of an ipad mount / tablet mount. I had a few requirements:
* I wanted something that would sit as flush as possible to the seat back.
* I wanted something that was fairly universal as far as what size and shape devices would fit in the cradle of the mount.
* I wanted something that was high enough so the kids were looking straight or up, and not downards.
* And a nice to have feature was something that was on an arm of some sort that would enable a single device screen to be positioned somewhat towards the center so both kids could watch a single movie if they wanted to.

I tried the OEM BMW Travel & Comfort tablet mount that plugs into the socket in the seat back. In my opinion it stuck out too far from the seat back, and it was also not really adjustable except for tilting up/down angle.

I tried 2 other universal type mounts that fit on the headrest. One of them was nice and sturdy, but stuck out too far. The other one had a very long arm to get to the center of the vehicle, but again was too bulky.

Then I found this one below. It fits super flush against the seat back when it is in the retracted position, and it tilts out far enough towards the center of the vehicle so that it's easily visible by both kids. And best of all, it's less than $20 per mount!!! SCORE!!

I got two of them on Amazon here for $15 each!!:
https://amzn.to/3kxXZLV

And I did a detailed video on it for those interested:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
XSnake1.50