2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer110! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
For you guys using Deezer and/or Tidal, how are you listening to them in your X7? Both appear to be compatible with CarPlay, but how is the interface of each? Deezer claims that you can link your Deezer subscription to BMW ConnectedDrive, but my initial research has been inconclusive so far with regards to how exactly that works. SiriusXM integration with iDrive is fairly seemless - but I can’t tell if Deezer will work like SiriusXM (but it does not seem like it will work that way).
Tidal plays through car play. Your mixes, title listings and downloaded albums are all accessible through car play.

Deezer Best Buy rate is FLAC (1400). Tidal master setting is 6K-9K. I have found very few tracks that are not offered in masters format.

FYI tidal has a 29.99 subscription that allows I believe up to 3-5 users so spread across user is pretty reasonable.
Interesting, and thanks for the insight. Out of curiosity, which music quality plan are you using in your X7? I loaded the Deezer app to give their free service a try in the X7. The Deezer sound quality was noticeably better than both Pandora (free), and SiriusXM (paid) that I have using for a while - which I guess makes sense when I looked up the sound quality specs for each. However, as quiet as the X7 is (and as good as my HK w/Bavsound upgrade sounds), there comes a point of diminishing returns as the sound quality environment inside a car/SUV will never be as good as a quality sound system in your house (or studio) for example.

I know you can use a trial period for both Deezer and Tidal, but I believe it is one trial per vendor, not per plan - so I don't want to burn it on the "wrong" trial in the X7. So is the high end plan, with FLAC audio files, much better than the 1-tier lower plan when listening in a car, the X7 specifically?

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1