First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
I had a drivetrain issue on my X5 45e which was checked by BMW. It has not happened again but my car is no longer consuming electricity in sport mode. Before it would drain the electric range down to nearly nothing if I drive around in sport mode to then charge that up again to about 15km of electric range.

Is something broken or did I miss some kind of update that changed this principle?

I've got another appointment on thursday to check the drivetrain oil to make sure it isn't dirty because of the earlier drivetrain issue message.

I'm not confident in how well or not my car is functioning right now. Not sure what i'll do with it? might opt for getting a new one even based on my worries that this might all be way worse than initially thought although it's only 2 years and some months old …

Let me know thoughts / confirm/deny what I was thinking above
In sport mode is uses electric motor up to 65 +- MPH if you have engine set to "comfort" mode in SPORT INDIVIDUAL settings.
update: they think it's because of valvotronic module and it's scheduled for reprogramming

they will also check the drivetrain oil after I had it checked at a service point and it appears to be pitch black coloured (not normal??)

they ensured me they take the issue serious and will get to the bottom of this
Appreciate 1