12-05-2021, 07:32 PM   #1
Duck360198
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i Laguna Seca Blue

Pricing Help: SALVAGE 2011 E90 335xi PPK M-Sport w/ 45k Imported from Canada

Hey everyone!

I imported a 2011 E90 335 with 44k from Canada. Has 45k now. I left the km speedometer and didn't get a chance to code a digital readout. Car is Space Grey over rare Chestnut Brown, 6AT, factory m-sport, PPK installed, Individual audio, cold weather package, fold down rear seats, etc.

I was at a left turn arrow and when it turned green was navigating the turn and I had to swerve to avoid a collision because cars stopped out of nowhere. I ended up hitting a very tall curb on the front right corner. Knocked the steering off center and got some dash lights as a result of turn impact. No airbag deployment. Probably hit it at 10pm or less. Shop did not tear into the car for an in-depth assessment and went off a bmw recommended replacement bulletin, which was an estimate to replace components Including the steering rack. Insurance totaled the car, and I ended up buying back from insurance. My intent was to either find another E90 335 (and swap interiors), an F31 330, a specific F30 335 or 340, or an E91 M-Sport. The 335 was the first to pop up and I acted on it. I have since decided I don't want to bother with swapping interiors.

Car runs and drives fine. Lights on the dash are not on all the time. In fact typically they aren't on when I start the car and only come on after I drive a bit. I don't feel any vibration or anything like that. I have since parked the car and am not really driving it anymore.

I feel like the repairs are meant for someone inclined to do the repairs themselves. That's not me. I have been told I could expect anywhere from $4k to $10k. Massive range in my opinion so I'd love to get some input. Please ask me any questions and I'm happy to answer as best I can.

Last edited by Duck360198; 12-05-2021 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0