View Single Post
      01-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #68
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I never did figure out a system to which X7's got the rear cargo cover in alcantara. I agree that it's a nice touch. But as others point out, I've removed both cargo covers from the vehicle, as I just really don't ever use them.

Best guess still is those who got extended leather interiors, but that doesn't seem a hard and fast rule. (my 2021 m50i with full black merino got the cargo cover in a canvas-like material)
I am actually thinking about using my Alcantra flip cover for something in my office. Maybe a lightweight shelf??? Other than that, I basically have to store it for resale value down the road as I will never put it or the roll cover back on my X7 for my needs. I also got 3 full sets of floor mats (2 carpet and 1 slush mats.) and a bunch of BMW accessories from every ambient air scent cartridge, etc….
My vehicle was a custom order for the owner of the dealership. He owns most all the luxury brand dealerships in half my state. He is a extreme high roller and only orders fully loaded flagships from his brands so it’s hard to say what else was included in my build as a perk for the dealership owner???
When Covid hit in 2020, his ( now my fully loaded X7M50i) was just being delivered after 7 months being built. He had his hands filled and told the GM that if one of their good customers would want it, he would let it go as he was too busy with his multiple dealerships. That’s where I came in from a phone call, I was there the next day to purchase. I knew very well of this particular X7 because my sales manager was telling me how hard the build was to order back when they were first trying to order everything on the options list. It was a extremely rare build back in the best of times before the madness. Probably was one of the best car moves I ever made not knowing then where the car industry was going.

Last edited by MystroX5; 01-06-2022 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50