View Single Post
      01-30-2022, 03:55 PM   #26
BigEvan1923
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI G07 M50i E46 M3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
All super valid reasons and don't get me wrong: I absolutely love the Alpinas. This wasn't directly about Alpinas and I did want to troll around a bit to make this thread a bit more interesting.

My original point however is: 100hp and 1sec difference on paper aside - How much does this really show in every day driving. Not just M50i vs XB7 but also versus Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Lamborghini and some of the other higher end trims of higher end manufacturers. Beating a Jeep/Ram/Dodge is not the ball game we should be playing with these cars. Either way I'll be taking you up on the offer once I have hit that 1200mile mark... Or maybe, I'll see you on the Chicago streets before that...
I’ve had my M50i since July and I love it beyond anything else I’ve owned…but after having had the opportunity to drive the XB7 I’m sold on the Alpina. It’s everything you love about the M50i dialed in a few notches more. The suspension is better (and noticeable), the power delivery is better, the overall experience is better and of course, the exclusivity is a nice bonus. Whether it’s 35k better is entirely subjective but when you start to add it all up - it’s a compelling proposition. I will be looking for one, once my lease is up. My only wish is the inclusion of the alpina version of the m steering wheel from the B8, and the ability to shadowline the whole thing like in Europe. If I was being precious, I’d opt for the lavalina leather - but with two kids under 3, I’m not entirely masochistic.
Appreciate 1
Tr4ckD4ys393.00