04-08-2022, 01:32 PM   #18
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Kind of side note, not trying to hijack, but related to the topic

I have seen this comparison shop a bunch on the forums and am curious. What is the driver behind comparing the X7 to the navigator (and Escalade, Yukon, wagoneer)? Is it just price point and lux status? Those vehicles are significantly larger, which we felt was the priority decision point and would need to go one way or the other. Either truck size or the "smaller" 3 rows but still near mid size.

For us we ruled the truck based out due to the size. Maybe we are being naive about space needs we have 1 kid and are in planning stages for #2 (my wife is also a stage 5 over packer)

We are looking at the x7 as a comp to the similarly sized and featured:
Grand Cherokee L
Audi Q7
MB GLS
Aviator
We are very much alike, planning #2 right now.

I personally think X7 has enough room if you have 4 ppl. Unless you always travel with a lot of things in the trunk.

Grand Cherokee L is great but there are so many small things I don't like about Jeep, currently I own a 2015 GC. Like the chrome lines on the window not matching, crappy plastic parts and etc. Also it's 60k or 70k for a Jeep. I'd rather spend on BMW for the Luxury. The good part is it's manufactured here so it's cheap to keep up.

If you really like Jeep try Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer. At least it's a new model so you get something new to explore.

I don't like Audi brand in general. It's basically a VW for family vehicle. If you want Audi then you should try Atlas. Everything is from the same company just the logo different.

MB GLS is BS. Dealers across the country is asking for premium over 10,20,30k for it. I'm not paying for that BS premium for a car unless it's something like 911 or special model. Plus you can't get GLS550 right now if you want more power.

Aviator is smaller. You need to go Navigator if you want more space. Again, American brand means always annoying small things.

Basically that's my reasons of choosing X7.
Appreciate 0