View Single Post
      04-15-2022, 05:56 AM   #282
Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInSF View Post
An intentionally bold and divisive new front end. Looks pretty good on the M version.

I’ve been very disappointed with my 2022 X7 M50i though.

From a refinement perspective, the terrible wind noise from the windscreen and double-paned side windows is poor. You can literally hear a whistle from the windows.

From a practicality perspective, the second row ISOFIX points are so far inset that you can’t comfortably fit three child car seats across.

FYI, Weatherford BMW said the wind noise was normal. BMW Seattle agreed to reset the side windows positioning…and then cancelled, claiming it’s not warrantable. BMW USA couldn’t care less.

I expect better given the nearly $120K sticker and doubt an LCI refresh changes those fundamental weaknesses in design and service.
Sir, you do know that the X7 has been measured as one of the most silent/deadened cabins in the industry, akin of a Rolls-Royce (akin, not the same). I honestly wonder if your expectations are a bit high as to how much wind noise can be cancelled in a 6000lbs brick on wheels. However, this could be an unusual but specific to your car issue. A few things I would look at if you haven't yet (since I've had similar issues in my X5):
- Did they check the rubber and plastic inserts that hold the windshield in place on all four sides, from the exterior? These have caused issues in the past.
- The same applies to the panoramic roof, sometimes even just a slightly raised railing or rubber part can cause the noise
-Whenever you hear the wind noise the strongest, do a fellow forum member a favor and try if changing the following AC settings make it go away (temporarily): AC on Auto; Air circulation on auto; Dial the temperature at least 4-6 degrees higher or lower; dial the blower intensity one lower.