mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
^AND that's the dilemma.

I've driven the ND1 Miata RF. It's very good. I would imagine with the newer motor and more power, it's even better at higher speeds. It would also sound and rev better too.

I have not driven a Z06, but I am absolutely certain that I would love it, especially since I gravitate towards and miss driving cars engineered in the 1990s.

The Z06 is arguably the cooler car. It is a classic and a beast with higher limits than my personnel skills can likely exploit even on a track. The Miata is the safe bet, it's reliable, and a precision tool.

With that said, I LOVE working on and maintaining cars. The Z06 would definitely need more of that. The Miata might be a boring from that aspect. The Z06 could also be a reliability disaster
All good points but as a Corvette owner for the past 45 plus years and a current ZO6 and '67 BB owner I can state without question that the word 'could' that you used in your last sentence is correct ! But not necessarily, if one knows what to look for, questions to ask when making a buying decision.

With regards to maintenance, it's a Chevy !!! Yes it's 20 years old and with that being said how many other cars of it's generation can you get into today at it's entry price, along with anticipated down the road expenses that are capable of competing with current offerings ?

FWIW, in the realm of the Miata class I'd take a last generation Honda S2000 any day. Shame Honda quit making that little beauty, arguably the smoothest shifting car ever.