06-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #22
bond_007
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysM32011 View Post
This is an all too common issue with aftermarket parts for our cars. I’d think there would be a tune to remedy this issue.
Has anyone heard of any tune out there that would override the ECM on the coil issue?
I know misfires are bad, but it doesn’t happen until the ECM decides it t doesn’t like the coil.
Unlikely to override an essential ECM function of knock sensing at high engine RPM through the ignition coil. The fancy coils are why there is no knock sensor. The ECM determines knock after the ignition coil fires vis the ion-sensing function. It’s actually pretty smart where you get knock monitoring for each cylinder.

The aftermarket suppliers have the wrong chip in the coil, most likely. Like everything else these days, short on supplies or upstream supplier sent them garbage. The aftermarket stuff did work until this most recent batch. I just wish they would admit to their fault and pull stuff off the shelves.

Uro did this, from my conversation with ECS if they had any insight on when the back orders would come in (no idea and they basically said get OEM at this point in time).
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6734.50