08-31-2022, 06:55 PM   #17
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
I have luck changing the temp/ clutch speed sensors when I'm doing clutches

Also, I remove a lot of baskets and find the nose cone that sends pressure through the basket, the bolts are backed out causing a loss of basket pressure , leading to clutch slipping , thus getting " overheat"

Hopefully any of this helps
Hey, where/what shop are you located at (Can send you a message instead if you prefer).

I've had the DCT overheat issue one and off for maybe 6 years now. Replaced clutches at one point along with filters and new fluid, had fluid levels checked, had software resets etc done.

The last time I actually spent time/money on it, the shop I took to were able to read a sensor short, so I think I agree with you that it's a sensor issue (at least in my case). The light will come on and off very quickly, like 2 seconds sometimes, sometimes, a little long, but then off again. The trans will hold the RPM high before shifting I guess to protect itself. The few times it's show the red warning the trans will just not engage at all until I have the car rev'd to about 5-6K and then finally engage.

I want to get this fix, but considering I've already spent so much time and money with other stuff that didn't fix the issue I'm just hesistant to even try getting it fixed at this point. When the temp warnings come up though the car is a nightmare to drive and I strongly consider dumping it.

Anyways, it sounds like you/your shop has a lot of experience with these trans and maybe I can finally get it fixed soon.
Appreciate 0