View Single Post
      09-03-2022, 11:08 AM   #53
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I see you intentionally ignore that X7s coming in April 2025 (could be earlier or slightly later) will be much more advanced than those X7 coming in April 2023. And X8 will have one more X, and wait for better drive assist systems after 2023! These are facts. "We, members of this group"! keep you posted! U don’t like the responses, then leave them; who cares!

People buy cars for a variety of reasons. It is not just about that one feature you are obsessed with! And many don't care about technology in April 2023 (earlier or slightly later) that will be obsolete in 2 - 3 years! We live in a free country, if you have rights, others have them too!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I believe I have responded to your note earlier. Here is my answer again.

Speaking of upgrades and new techs, usually a given BMW vehicle generation does NOT get major upgrades each year, accept for the first year in some cases; hence there is not such hardware upgrades in Aril 2024 or 2025. In this case, it is expected that starting from April 2023 all the way until mid of 2027 all the X7 LCI will hold same exact tech, same hardware and features, leaving the LCI produced now and for the next 6 months on a different category lacking some features due to an outdated "relatively speaking" hardware or service pack. So, the point is, for those who are at the fence of buying now or later (specifically those who are passionate about tech and don't trade in their car every year), they have the freedom to decide on what they want to do. Such information might be worth it for some. Some people can wait until April when an upgraded version is released and keep the 4/2023 released version for 4-5 years which would likely be identical to the 2024/2025/2026 release dates too. For 2022-3/2023 LCI, it is clear that BMW is producing them half cooked to some degree with regards to some features "formal answer from BMW USA posted above". Few months of waiting may have the benefit of getting 3-4 years of full access to all features/techs. Timeline might be different for some others, but it was important to highlight the full picture as it relates to what the current LCI is missing or will be getting in just a few months from now. In
Appreciate 3