View Single Post
      09-05-2022, 12:02 PM   #96
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Actually, just to clarify there was one hardware upgrade. While all G05/G07 vehicles produced from the start of MY2019 had "Digital Key" the Apple CarKey feature included additional hardware they was only included in vehicles produced in late July 2020 onward. MY2019 and MY2020 vehicles produced prior to and including early July never got Apple Car Key. You can search this forum from June/July of 2020 and see it was discussed quite a bit. Similarly to this current issue, it was not clear in the marketing but I also reached out to BMW NA at the time and the confirmed it.

Apple's Digital Car Key Coming to Broad Array of BMW Models Manufactured After July 1 https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1732752
Right, I remember seeing the digital key menu in my 2019 X7 in the past, but was never able to get the iPhone to sync with the system. It was almost like a dump menu that sets there but does nothing. Later when I upgraded to a newer model, it was the same exact menu, but my iPhone was able to sync and it worked, which tells me that this was done through a hardware upgrade around 2020 rather than a software. I didn't know that until I upgraded from the first-year launch 2019 to a newer model year around summer of 2020.
Appreciate 1
Brigitte485.50