09-09-2022, 07:50 AM   #105
Tytek
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiongo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytek View Post
Just ordered one from Ben for my '21 X7 M50i and will report once installed and tested a bit. Wasn't going to tune this car, but miss my Trackhawk's immediate throttle response and mountain of torque. ECU would need to be bench flashed for BM3, so I am starting out with the box to see if that makes me happier with the performance.
If you came from a trackhawk, you satisfied with the RC. You will eventually move to a real ECU tune.
Well, after a failed first unit and a couple of weeks of delays, I had a chance to test the RaceChip GTS a bit.

On Race setting, the TQ increase is noticeable and appreciated. Haven't quantified what gains (in 0-60 or 1/4 mile) have been realized, but I enjoy driving it more. Mid range power and response feels improved the most, which is not a surprise. Not a Trackhawk by any means, but more fun than stock. Was able to keep up with a Model 3 Dual Motor at an on-ramp this week, and he was definitely flooring that vacuum cleaner.

On Eco Pro with RC set to Eco I got 24mpg on a 600 mile trip, with 3 people, big dog, and luggage. Quite pleased with that. But it is not a mode I use daily, as I Bimmercoded Sport Individual to be my default.

Since I don't want permanent ECU image change, I will stick with this set up. Have other faster cars to hoon around in.
Appreciate 0