09-24-2022, 04:16 PM   #51
coolerbythelake
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by srix7 View Post
I am even more confused now, so BMW has a software fix but only for vehicles manufactured after 20th Sept. how?

Unless parts/hardware has changed after 20th Sept why can’t same patch work for others?
Well we're certainly going to test this. I just checked and my production date was technically 9/21. According to this voluntary recall notice, I shouldn't be impacted. Now my rational side tells me my production date technicality won't make a difference but my emotional side (which usually wins out LOL) immediately texted my CA asking if this means I can have my car now.

I'm assuming it's going to be a "no" but I'm half tempted to call BMW Consumer Relations on Monday and insist that I should be able to take delivery based on my date falling outside of those impacted.

I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but your production date is usually the date your vehicle finishes QC and is given to the carrier. It goes to reason that any of the vehicles being held up in QC would obviously have production dates out of the given window as well. Hmm....
Appreciate 0