Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Chevy Silverado & 2023 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnisco View Post
I am very familiar with the 520 bridge. I live about 30 miles SE of Seattle. If you thought traffic was bad on the 520, I-405, I-90 in 2006, you should see it today. Not to mention it's a toll bridge now.

I'm working on my wife for the full leather. My best selling point is that she's going to have to wait even longer for the car if she is set on the Extended. That's the best angle at making her cave.
I have some friends that live in Kirkland and pretty much never drive to Seattle because of the traffic now. I lived in Greenlake back the early 2000’s and loved it. I haven’t been back in years and from what I’ve been told, it isn’t the same. Traffic then wasn’t great but not nearly what it is today apparently. I didn’t know they put a toll on that bridge. I remember a few times being on that bridge and waves splashing me, you could feel the bridge sway slightly and once they closed it right as I exited it. It was pretty dang scary. We almost moved to New Castle before deciding to make Colorado our home. How I would love to go back to Seattle in its early days.
It's definitely not the Seattle you remember. You wouldn't recognize it. Half of downtown businesses are shuttered due to rioting and crime, people shoot heroin and smoke fentanyl openly on nearly every corner, several shootings every day, the homeless population has taken over the streets like LA Skid Row, and they are doing their absolute best to keep people from driving by turning all the streets in downtown into bike lanes, "parkettes", and shutting down roads half of the year for "improvements". Go to YouTube and watch "Seattle Is Dying" and "Seattle Is Dead". That will answer all your questions. Stay in Colorado.
Appreciate 0