United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
There are track days if you are part of a club (and often require time off work). The only real opportunity to get seat time outside of clubs is PG, and I'd rather not deal with that shit show. Slow pokes requires a high speed driving school in order to participate, which I'm not against, but I haven't done so simply because I seldom make it on track anymore. I have a lot of experience on track with motorcycle and had my race license at one point, but I was told they wont count for anything for 4 wheels.
Unfortunately, skills on two wheels don't always transfer over to four wheels. I'm sure you've seen the opposite being true as well.

Club events are typically during the weekend while the smaller events are during the week. Yearly membership dues are pretty low for the BMW and Audi clubs. With their events (and quite a few of the others), you'll have an instructor that will work with you to improving driving skills while also driving safely. PG is a shit show because it has none of that. I would avoid Slow Pokes events until you've been qualified solo by one of the groups. Lots of heavily prepped cars coming up to pass you while you're dealing with traffic as well - not a situation anyone should deal with if they're struggling to get solo approval.

However, it would be a struggle to find a business anywhere that rents cars for track use without the person already having relevant experience. The "exotic experience" events are usually heavily restricted so those don't qualify. Maybe a business somewhere around Nurburgring.