Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Chevy Silverado & 2023 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamochi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnisco View Post
My wife did not want the Full Merino Leather as she doesn't want leather on the dash or tops of the doors.
i am not sure if the "extended" merino has changed from '22 to '23, but we have extended ivory merino and it has the leather dash and leather door uppers.

so even if the dealer was able to get you "extended" merino, your wife still may end up OCD with that option

i believe the "full" merino just added the lower dash area and maybe the panels that flank the center console area? not entirely sure.

i'm a mom and dog mom as well and can understand her OCD about the leather. i will say that the dash leather is gorgeous and is mostly out of harm's way due to the way it's sloped away from the passenger seat. however the door uppers caused me a little anxiety with our small but mighty french bulldog. he likes to look out the window but unfortunately he kung fu grips the upper door leather to keep his balance. sometimes i see light scratches there but leather sort of self-heals and is fine again. but i do get nervous about it and we don't take him in the X7 much anymore
Thanks for the information. That's good to know that your dog wasn't able to completely destroy it. That will probably make my wife feel better.
Appreciate 0