Tr4ckD4ys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50i / TBii / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyli888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Subjective, not objective. The early-LCI M60i is an incomplete vehicle. Does it "drive" better subjectively? Maybe. There's likely others in your shoes (ie who have or have driven them all) whose opinion will differ fundamentally.

But it's objectively incomplete: Lights aren't up to snuff. Software full of early gremlins. Engine heavily detuned/tamed from its capability. 200lbs+ heavier. Missed tech promises (self driving tech). I just wouldn't be intellectually able to agree to pay BMW for this proposition compared to what I have paid them for when their proposition was a more complete package.
I agree with the drawbacks but I disagree with the fact that it's incomplete. A base M50i is doesn't have the upgraded cameras, DHP, and rear wheel steering that the M60i has. Also, the 48v hybrid system allows the start/stop system to be almost undetectable in normal driving, you don't get that lurch. And frankly speaking, in my experience in the NY/NJ/PA/DE/VA area, the M60i is a better deal. You'll be lucky to get a 2022 at MSRP (my nephew who bought his similarly equipped 2022 paid more than I did on my 2023) but you can probably get a little discount on a 2023.
The M50i is an outgoing model that had all the options that BMW promised and intended for it.
The current early LCI is lacking half of what BMW promised and is most likely to get it within 12-24 months, so why pull the trigger now on it? For a buggy software with a round screen and headlights that have less output and adaptability than previous M50i? Or the heavier weight and exact same engine output numbers? That's what I mean by incomplete package.