Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddno1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1984tx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolerbythelake View Post
So our guy K1984tx was able to send me some videos of his X7. It's legit. His X7's headlights are definitely anti-dazzling.

Will more than likely be at the dealer tomorrow picking up another car. Going to try and get some answers for us.
I'll upload the short clips I have to YouTube tomorrow so I can share them with you guys. My X7 has no coding or after market changes to it, BMW is responsible for the anti-dazzle being activated. Went in for a flat tire and they caught the headlight recall and updated the software from 07/2022.39 to 07/2022.57 and I noticed the change that same night.

So my car was at the service center for various fault codes, trunk motor malfunction
They said there was a recall on headlights and they fixed it
How do I know if anti-dazzle had been activated? What are the pointers?
Drive around at night with auto high beam enabled. If anti-dazzle is enabled on your vehicle, the brights shouldn't fully turn off; instead, they'll turn off only the areas around a vehicle in front of you leaving the brights on and illuminating the sides. You can pull up anti-dazzle/matrix headlights on YouTube and see what it should look like. It's always amazed me that we haven't had this tech in the US. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the safety benefit.

Meanwhile, Honda Accords with their blinding ass, non-projector lights are allowed no issues. Just kills me…
Appreciate 0