Inquisitor
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i

Garage List
2015 Bmw 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
TractionControlDelete gave you the spoon of goodies. Those links give tons of info on the technical gotchas.

I consider myself a car shopper in the category of "quite good" since I basically grew up on a car lot which my father was half owner. When I go looking I usually see 10 cars across a 5 day Mon-Fri shot.

Here's a few things to lead you to a good M-car:
- Try to shop at BMW dealers first, but other top brand dealerships can have a excellent trade ins too.
- At the BMW dealer ask for a copy of the service records, and check what was done according to the maintenance schedule. A car sold by the dealer that maintained it the whole time, those are usually gems.
- CPO is even better, because you can get some coverage if things break.

If you start off with the idea that a whole bunch of stuff could be wrong then you'll just freak yourself out while shopping, like hearing noises that aren't problems… If you're buying a car that you can see was properly maintained and well cared for them you don't have to worry as much.
Thanks for that I really appreciate the information.I am talking to a dealer right now about extended powertrain warranties and they're quoting me for 4 thousand right now.
Appreciate 1