01-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #66
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
I left it on my Ctek charger overnight. Drove to the store and back this morning and parked it in the garage and voila! It fixed it!

As soon as I put it in park and shut the car off I got the upgrade prompt and was able to start it. This was after several weeks of the software update being "read to install" but never getting the prompt.

The lesson at least for me was that the state of charge was too low for the battery.

Note to BMW software GUI engineers. When users put the vehicle in park and a software install is ready BUT some factor is preventing it you should give the message in Drive.

i.e. "Your updated software has been uploaded to the vehicle, preparations have been made and it is ready to install, HOWEVER we detect your battery state of charge is at X percent. Please drive your vehicle more frequently to charge the battery, charge your vehicle with a BMW charger or take it to dealer for upgrade".

Or if there is some other error code holding it back simply state what it is. A little info goes a long way
So I put in the ctek charger last night. Charged over night. Drove it this morning. Parked it. And still did not get a prompt to proceed. I guess there is some other problem.
Nice charger though!
Appreciate 0