View Single Post
      02-08-2023, 03:15 PM   #4
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Issues with all the X7 LCI seems to be nearly the same, so if I must buy the LCI, I would not be worried about this used one if it can save 10-15K or more. I mean really the risk that you will end up having a glitch is nearly the same. Perhaps things might start to get better soon, but to date, they are all the same "u r facing the same risk" and it could be just a matter of time until a glitch appears down the road, hence why not save 10-15 grands on a nearly brand-new one with 5K miles (note: I did not lookup the build, but I'd at least expect it it must be discounted by AT LEAST 10K). If so, I would buy it if I was buying, but I am by default a fan and biased for pre-owned given hoe quickly I trade in.

Sounds like a nice build too, only missing B&W which would have been nice to get on a pre-owned one. Am sure they would be willing to negotiate by the way (especially with the upcoming release of MY24, this pre-owned one would become a 1-year behind generationally, so use that as a lever when negotiating).

Also, service history is a (must-have) with such purchases. Service dept can play the card of (can't share personal info) but worst case they can read it for you without giving you a copy. The salesman might be able to steal a copy of service records for u if he wants to. On almost every MBenz and BMW I ever owned, service always refused to give me a copy, but then salesman would magically bring a copy and hand it to me. Mbenz has no issues sharing copies once u become the owner, while BMW has a silly rule that even if u are the current owner, they would not share the previous history for the period that 1st owner had it for (at least in the 3 states anf 4 BMW dealers around me)

Last edited by BMW5and7; 02-08-2023 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
EvanX10.50