LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
this country is also a paradise is your broke too.

kids in elementary school on "free lunch" always had an extra five from their parents to buy cookies and shit....where the fuck they get that kind of money to give their kids if they qualify for free lunch, let alone spending 5 on lunch everyday is not responsible even for me now and I make a lot of money.

I was given strict change. no extra food for lunch in school....and i'll probably inherit millions.

its lifestyles and being smart with your money. this concept alludes most americans, and this victim mentality further perpetuates this bullshit. Yall act like everyone so moral and values the dollar, lol. fucking broke ass people on disability, stamps, and medicaid always have the newest iphone clothes and sneakers....say what?

anyways keep on your moral high horses, back in the day food stamps were sold at half the rate for drugs...

why aren't there more drug tests for stamps, unemployment, and Medicaid.

anyways whats this thread about lolol

to the other poster if your broke in iraq india china you just starve and barely get by. you don't get obamacare and a cellphone stipend lol

edit: you keep talking about all the wrongs that america does, we know its a fucked up country. no one is worshipping oil tycoons. most c suite level pepople in any industry are the most slipeery eels you could ever meet. yet in america you could not have a dollar to your name and quailify for disability, food stamps, and medacaid. so thats some cash ur in pocket, food, and healthcare.
There is a lot to unpack here and I won’t be able to unpack it all. So I’ll unpack some of it.

The biggest problem with the “people need to be more responsible” line of discussion is that the nation’s economy would collapse if people were more responsible with their money. Over 60% of the US GDP is consumer spending and the further down the economic ladder you go the more of their money is actually spent in the economy. So they are targeted heavily by lifestyle advertising to ensure they spend as much as possible to fund many many companies.

But even excluding that reality. I never fully understand the desire to see those who have less suffer for having less. If a poor person is spending their money on an iPhone (which I’d argue isn’t inherently wasteful, but let’s skip that for now) or an occasional steak dinner. Why is it a problem for them to enjoy moments in their life? Why is it only acceptable if their life is like the a poor person in India or other third world countries? Why is that level of abject poverty OK in any capacity?

Lastly, the school lunch program isn’t about the parents. It is about the kids. Well fed kids learn better. Kids who learn better have a chance of breaking the poverty cycle. It was a godsend for me that the Philadelphia School District provided free breakfast and lunch and played a very real role in my ability to climb out of poverty. It was a shame that we didn’t have running water in our high school, but you could buy it for $1 from the coca-cola vending machine though. I guess the times I spent money there would be seen as a “waste” by some though… They’d probably say I should have just drunk the toilet water… Like a person in a third world country would.
Appreciate 2
chris7197393.50
RM72904.50