View Single Post
      03-07-2023, 07:01 PM   #81
Riddleric
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
so the first attempt where bmw assist had you restart the car likely does not count, no RO was issued, the car wasnt "repaired" (the law hasnt yet caught up with technology).

the past attempt and this one do.
i would have the conversation with them if this attempt fails ( the car will be in for the third time at that point).

basically along the lines of " this is now the third time we're trying to fix this problem, the car is not filling me with confidence, and i feel like we dont know whats really wrong with the car, what can we do about this situation" do mention the safety issue of the malfunction happening in an intersection. avoid mentioning lemon law. that will change the complexion of the convo and such with the dealer and bmwna. remember, the lemon law is the stick in your back pocket. you want them to do better than what you would get from a lemon law case, but you always have that option.

i would have a new configuration setup, understand what options might be no longer available (look at the 2024 ordering guide), and have an idea of what resolution will make you happy. you know off the bat that a lemon law case will give you your money back minus a mileage deduction, but often you can do one better with a trade assist. take into account if you financed, that rates are very different than they were when you got the car, factor that in to what you are going to ask for.

once you go into the trade assist route, at some point you will be signing an NDA and these discussions on a public forum wont be possible.
What’s trade assist?
Appreciate 0