04-23-2023, 03:19 PM   #17
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I been slacking on this. Every job but 1 or 2 is waiting for me to get the manifolds in and turbo fitted so I can make sure everything has a space to squeeze through.
So I own a good tig welder, can't weld for shit though lol. So I'm teaching myself and practicing on other metal as I go.
So since these manifolds go on any way, upsidedown on opposite sides any where. I ended up fitting 2 passenger side manifolds. Found another on ebay for $40 shipped. Turbo side will be flipped upside down, the driver side will be passenger side but backwards.lmao!!! That puts my vband for the xover pipe right under the accessories brackets and I had to tap the 45 fitting on the power steering pump to point up a bit. Lucky that moves. There is a pic of where it comes out. I also cut off the heat shields and bolt and e Tra metal where they screwed in. They were hanging up on everything and wouldn't have cleared steering column either. I welded on a 2.25" vband(don't laugh at my welds). I tacked on the 3"vband for the t4 elbow adapter. But I have to cut some fill in metal around the sides and weld it all up, and because again i cant weld for shit im gonna have to do some grinding but that's where she goes. I think it's an 88/96 turbo and if I put the in the right spot I will get the hood to close, but the compressor will be touching my hood, and i already pulled the insulation down. Say goodbye to my hood wrap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
houtan707.00