View Single Post
      07-16-2023, 06:49 PM   #14
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Could be the case, i.e., comparing the B&W vs HK leveraging SiriusXM, Spotify, or good old HD FM. That said comparing the B&W vs HK with literally zero tweaking (both vehicles stock on my dealers lot) with 5 various HiRez FLAC I use to test out all audio equipment (primarily for the home) and I'll stand by night and day in the comparison.

Have I lost one waking moment from the $3400 for the B&W? Nope. Rather miles of smiles with my only bitch being the inability to completely negate the DSP sound profiles. I'd do that in a heartbeat for the 5.1 FLAC album sources on my 2TB SSD in the console. Everyone's mileage may vary and sorry that you are disappointed with the B&W but the HK with 2 crossovers and less power cannot compete. The B&W has 3 crossovers plus power to drive the mash up of B&W D series diamond components along with the Nautilus drivers/tweeters used for the subs, back seat/rear window roof deck speakers.

Oh and Bose? No serious audiophile would consider them for any home deployment unless the wife factor forces them to do so. That said mileage may vary for car audio and I'll admit outside of what they have in the C8 which I helped tweak for a friend who has one still in my opinion completely pedestrian. Made it sound better but a complete failure vs the B&W in the M850i
Appreciate 3
Namelss771.50
Accentu8705.00