View Single Post
      07-31-2023, 04:30 PM   #194
DishoomX2
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, BMW X7 M50i, 911

I have captains seats. If I could have found the same combo of options in a vehicle that had bench seats, I would have gone for that one instead.

The bench seats actually have more leg room. I think there's a video out there that proves it, as well as measurements forum members have taken to compare. In addition, it also seems the seat rails of the captains seat actually extend further out than the bench seat, which impedes on getting in/out of the vehicle. My teenage daughter has complained about it on more than one occasion, that when she sets the captains seat further back to get more leg room, more of the seat rail is exposed. This makes it more difficult getting in/out -- especially when getting in as it becomes a tripping hazard. My dad's X7 with bench seat does not have this problem.

With bench seats, I'd also have the option to fold one side down for additional cargo capacity.

Also, as others with captains seats have mentioned, the cup holders on the floor are dumb and look cheap.
Appreciate 2
NGT25788.50