View Single Post
      09-12-2023, 08:39 AM   #6
amg6975
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 M1.5, '05 ZHP, '98 M3/4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisluka View Post
Interesting point on the fender ducts. I thought having more airflow, over higher pressure to the cooler, would be more effective. Easy to test tough, and would be willing to give it a shot.
What I'm talking about are the "brake cooling holes" that are just inboard of your oil coolers. These will bleed high pressure air from the front air dam area into the wheel well. To increase the amount of airflow through your oil coolers you need to increase the pressure in front of them and decrease the pressure behind them. Blocking these off would do that. Whether it would make any difference or not, I have no idea.

Edit: Look back at the pictures I think you already eliminated these. It does look like there may be an opportunity to better direct the airflow in that area though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisluka View Post
I think I've seen some posts mentioning you've done an S65 swap - super cool. Curious to hear if you've run into any cooling or reliability issues on track? Have a pipe dream long term to do the same.
Yeah my car is an S65. Way better at heat management than the N55 that was in it before. I was having some minor oil temperature issues but swapping from an OEM to a DO88 radiator and doing some internal air management of the oil cooler air stream really helped a lot. Now the only thing that's any sort of issue is the DCT will start to get a little lazy after 20-30 mins of hammering it on track. One cool down lap will get it right back though.

Last edited by amg6975; 09-12-2023 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0