View Single Post
      09-14-2023, 07:55 AM   #9
amg6975
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 M1.5, '05 ZHP, '98 M3/4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisluka View Post
Love that for you, it's gotta be beyond a blast having that power plant in there! The sound alone I'd imagine is intoxicating. How's it feel on track with a bit less weight over the nose not having the N55 in there?

Are you using the S65 DCT or the DCT from the N55? I'm unknowledgable if they're different / fit up at all besides knowing that they're both DCT's. Have seen some users with the N55 DCT having similar issues even with an aftermarket cooler, is it worth adding further cooling or is it just a downfall of that generation of trans?
It is a really, really good time on track, the sound is definitely one of the big perks and what everyone immediately notices. The predictability of the torque and slight advantage in weight distribution really makes a big difference. I dropped 6-7 seconds around Watkins Glen going from the N55 to the S65, with very similar top speeds.

The DCT is from the M3, the bell housing is different from the I6 engines to the V8. As far as I'm aware that and software is about the only difference. I'll probably try a finned aluminum pan before going nuts with coolers for it.
Appreciate 2
gmx166.00
spidertri414.00