View Single Post
      10-06-2023, 07:00 AM   #28
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewai View Post
Haha that's hilarious Have you glued that magsafe?
It's just so sad that you have to do such Aliexpress stuff in 100k+ car when f.e. our Czech car company Skoda has cooled wireless pad in their cars...
But I will definitely try your solution since it's more appealing to me pushing that middle console button then sliding the carbon cover.

Yeah, Gorilla Glue the MagSafe to the plastic tray, need to cut a couple of holes to manage the cord, need a right angle USB-C adapter to get the lengthy MagSafe plug out of the way. It's a $59 fix and it's effective. As an added bonus, it doubles the amount of storage space as the room under the tray is still there for keys and things that could scratch the phone.

When I take short trips, under 30 minutes, I'll just throw my iPhone on the BMW wireless charger. Gets warm, but no issues. But for anything longer than 30 minutes and especially on really long trips, my iPhone is in the armrest.

Also get a short USB-C cord. Because sometimes you need to urgently charge your phone in the car and MagSafe isn't fast, especially if you're in CarPlay and streaming music and using iPhone for navigation.
Appreciate 0